Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another Reaction...Please God No!

My daughter had another food allergy reaction this afternoon after eating lunch. She said her mouth felt "yukky" after eating the chicken I had prepared for her. I could hardly believe it. What could be the food allergy trigger in chicken?

She has never been allergic to chicken before. The only thing I can think of is some type of cross contamination in the packaging of the chicken. There must be other foods she is allergic to prepared in the same facility.

After she complained of some itching in her mouth after eating the chicken, I gave her some benadryl. There were no symptoms of her throat swelling after the "yukky" taste and itching in her mouth she originally complained of which is a good sign.

I am just monitoring her today to make sure the symptoms do not worsen. If they do, then it will mean a trip to the emergency room. She was just there a few nights ago after eating out at a restaurant and having some cross-contamination issues with a food she ate there.

She is really tired after the benadryl and is complaining that she has broken the record for allergic reations this month. This comment from her just breaks my heart. I hate to see her have to go through this so much. But I know that I need to be strong for her right now and hopeful.

I know it is not easy for her to have to deal with the food allergy issues everyday. But she is being very brave and we will just take one moment at a time to get through another allergic reaction.

Stay well, stay safe and be brave.

Debra Denhart


No comments:

Post a Comment